Some New Testimonials from My Latest Roster of Passing Students

“One of the most difficult aspects of not passing the CA bar exam for me, was not knowing why or what I did wrong in preparing the first time. Barbri left me with no feedback and therefore no reference as to how to improve.  The second time around I worked with Steve, who helped me recognize both my strengths and my weaknesses throughout the entire process. His no-nonsense, direct approach motivated me to continue studying and improving. I worked with Steve on the essays, performance tests, and MBE portions of the exam. He meticulously reviewed and explained each essay and performance test he assigned. He highlighted my weak subjects on the MBE, and had me review the explanations for each question at least twice. After each phone call, he encouraged me to write out all the lessons I learned and to email it to him for his review. It was a lot of hard work, but it was necessary and worth it for me in the end.  In doing so, I internalized both my weaknesses and strengths; I developed skills that were invaluable not just for the exam, but also for my career. Like a good coach, Steve didn't baby me, he pushed me to improve and consistently supplied detailed, constructive notes and criticism. It was a humbling yet empowering experience and I'm very grateful I had the opportunity to work with him. I wholeheartedly recommend Steve as a coach to anyone who is serious about passing the CA Bar Exam. He knows what he's doing, and if you put in the work and listen to him, you'll see your name on the pass list, too.” --M.N. (UCLA School of Law)

“I took the bar exam several times before my name finally appeared on the February Pass List.  The initial cookie cutter law review course and subsequent efforts to study on my own did not get me to pass. What did get me to pass was the individualized study program, consistent communication, and feedback that I received from Steve. Because he worked with me one on one and was able to understand me/figure out how my mind works, I was able to break through the 2 major roadblocks that had kept me from passing: Timing and “The Inner Perfectionist.” Performance Tests were my worst enemy- I'm a slow reader, had difficulty with organizing the material, and always wasted time rephrasing what I was writing as I was writing it because I thought that I could make my answer sound better/smoother/smarter.  I failed PT after PT after PT.  It usually took me over 2 hours just to read through the material before I worked with him, but by the time I was done, I was able to read the materials AND organize my thoughts in under 1hr30 (and get my answer written in the remaining time). Steve also got me to the point where I was writing consistently passing essays, and he helped me get my practice MBE scores, which were honestly not bad, to the point where they were excellent.  In the end, I'll never know what my score was on this last bar exam, but what I do know is that Steve's coaching was definitely the reason my name is on that pass list.” --T.H. (University of San Diego)

“Steve was very accessible and willing to go the extra mile in helping me with my writing (a proven weak point in previous bar exams).  One thing I appreciate about Steve is that he is a straight-shooter.   In reviewing assigned practice essays, he let me know what my weaknesses were (without mincing words).  This was something I needed, but did not receive from tutors from previous ‘well known’ bar prep programs.  He avoids any fluff that inevitably sets you up for failure, while teaching you how to capitalize on your strengths as well.  Although his method is not meant to re-teach the law, he provides you with detailed elements of rules for all tested subjects, neatly packaging them in his customized Flash Outlines.  These tools were invaluable, enabling me to memorize and apply the law in a way that I failed to master throughout law school, or for previous bar exams for which I studied prior to seeking Steve's help.  I highly recommend The Strategic Bar Coach's services for any CBX examinee who wants to learn how to pass this challenging exam.” --J. H. (California Western School of Law)